For age four through thirteen
A solid foundation in the basics of piano technique & note reading
Group piano lessons consist of individual instruction for each participant as well as group theory, moving games, and occasionally music computer games.
The setting is suitable for combining different ages.
Children will gain greater confidence and delight in piano playing by learning simple and enjoyable pieces in a fun-filled and encouraging atmosphere.
Who should enroll in a group piano lessons?
Students without earlier Philomusica experience will also be admitted based on their skill level, previous music training and the availability of space in a class.
Upon enrollment teens & children will be assigned to an appropriate lesson group based upon their age, skill and temperament.
Thirteen compelling reasons for enrolling in Group Piano Lessons:
- Easy transition into private lessons without over burdening students to sit at piano for long periods of time.
- Classes are small (typically only 5 to maximum 7 students per class).
- Our group approach has proven to be extremely successful through its self-motivating and goal-oriented nature.
- Having two competent teachers in the class allows for individual time at the piano plus the benefit of group activities like board games, movement to music, musical “baseball” & more.
- There is a wonderful sense of support & encouragement from other students.
- Students gain excitement & motivation through playing games & activities together.
- Everyone responds positively to the competitive aspect of group dynamics.
- Our particular group approach is uniquely suited for selecting a method book that is best for the individual student’s learning style (not the same “medicine” for every patient!).
- Playing to each other in a class recital furthers a healthy peer motivation.
- Good recital manners & presentation skills can best be acquired in a supportive group setting.
- Students are given the opportunity to participate in school recitals throughout the year.
- Often, it is the highlight of a budding musical career to be entered into non-competitive recitals (at the teachers’ discretion), such as the National Federation of Music Clubs Festival.
- Finally, after being eased into a group setting of piano instruction, the student will be ready for concentrated one-on-one piano lessons which will help foster an attitude of “Be all I can be!”
$88 Per Month
$35 Registration Fee
Philomusica is conveniently located in central Fort Collins on College Ave, just south of Prospect. All classes run once weekly for 55 minutes in length. See our Music Class Schedule page for details of days and times.
Schedule is subject to change without notice.